Curried Shrimp-Stacked Tomatoes
In Florida, we’re known for tomatoes and Gulf shrimp, so we use both in this tasty lunch. They stack up fast and keep the kitchen cool. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Trim and cut each tomato into three thick slices; drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasonings; stir in remaining ingredients. For each serving, stack three slices tomatoes, layering with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 217 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Curried Shrimp Stuffed Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2016