In Florida, we’re known for tomatoes and Gulf shrimp, so we use both in this tasty lunch. They stack up fast and keep the kitchen cool. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Recommended: 26 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Trim and cut each tomato into three thick slices; drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasonings; stir in remaining ingredients. For each serving, stack three slices tomatoes, layering with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Shrimp-Stacked Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p82