In Florida, we’re known for tomatoes and Gulf shrimp, so we use both in this tasty lunch. They stack up fast and keep the kitchen cool. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Recommended: 26 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices; place on paper towels to dry.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and ginger. Stir in remaining ingredients. Layer shrimp mixture between tomato slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Shrimp-Stacked Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2016, p82