Apples and shrimp, seasoned with curry powder, combine beautifully in this appealing main dish. Sometimes I make it with chicken instead of the shrimp. —Lynda Mack, Neptune Beach, Florida
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and celery in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in apples; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and curry powder. Gradually whisk in water and bouillon until smooth. Add shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Shrimp and Apples in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p31
Reviews forCurried Shrimp and Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"Simply scrumptious !!"
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2012
"I made this a while back, and it was wonderful! I will surely make it again..maybe this weekend!"
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2010
"This is delicious!"