- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen uncooked small shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in soup and curry powder; bring to a boil. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Shrimp
"I wonder if this is the recipe my mother used to make.. she did the bacon and the grated egg whites and yolks too, and toasted coconut, chutney and other things I can't remember. I hated it as a little kid, but I've been searching for a recipe that looks like it would be her old one, and I'm hoping this is it! I'll be back to let you know how I liked it 50 years after Mom made it."
"I was surprised, this was actually very good. I will definitely make this again."
"I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens at least 50 years ago. The only difference is to saute the onions in butter instead of Canola Oil. My family loves this."