Curried Rice Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4-6 servings per batch
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR RICE:
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 batches.
- To prepare rice: Combine water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add 2 cups rice mix; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 251 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 21, 2015
This recipe is outstanding! Not only does the mix make great gifts, but this rice dish is a long-time family favorite as well!
Sep 28, 2012
Throughout the years, I've prepared many recipes from Taste of Home - and this is my all-time favorite!
Nov 28, 2011
Oh my goodness I remember you posting this recipe years ago! Through the years I had lost it, and here it is again! This recipe is a delicious side dish...I'm so glad to have found it again! Thank you, Taste of Home!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.