Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup Recipe
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- 2. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 187 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
"Very flavorful. Mild yet rich, slightly buttery. Serve with a slice of sourdough bread or croissant."