Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup
Sweet apples and spicy curry combine in this rich soup, which is perfect for fall. A small serving is all you need to satisfy. —Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the apples, onion and leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and curry; cook 1 minute longer. Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Apple Soup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.