Curried Potatoes and Beans
This recipe came from my grandma's collection. It's a meal in itself with hearty flavor.—Mrs. Lyle Rees, Darlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in curry and lemon juice; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Set egg yolks aside; chop egg whites. In a bowl, combine egg whites, potatoes, kidney beans, salt, pepper and onion mixture. Pour cream over all; gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Grate egg yolks; sprinkle over the top.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Curried Potatoes and Beans in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.