Curried Potatoes and Beans
This recipe came from my grandma's collection. It's a meal in itself with hearty flavor.—Mrs. Lyle Rees, Darlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in curry and lemon juice; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Set egg yolks aside; chop egg whites. In a bowl, combine egg whites, potatoes, kidney beans, salt, pepper and onion mixture. Pour cream over all; gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Grate egg yolks; sprinkle over the top.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Curried Potatoes and Beans in Casserole Cookbook