Curried Pork and Fruit
Tender pork, tropical fruit and a spicy curry sauce combine in this tongue-tingling recipe from Nancy Becker of Franklin, Illinois. "It never fails to win compliments," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) unsweetened tropical mixed fruit, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork and onion for 2-3 minutes or until pork is browned and onion is tender. Sprinkle with the flour, curry, salt, cayenne and ginger; toss to coat. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Add fruit; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice if desired.