Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large unpeeled navel orange
- 1. In a small bowl, mix oil, minced onion, garlic and spices; reserve half of mixture for basting kabobs while cooking. Cut pork, peppers, onion and unpeeled orange into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork, vegetables and orange; brush with remaining curry mixture.
- 2. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until vegetables and pork are tender, turning occasionally. Baste frequently with reserved curry mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
1 kabob: 515 calories, 34g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Curried Pork & Orange Kabobs
"My family and I loved the flavor of these kabobs. The spices are a great combination and the smoky orange pieces really brightened the kabob. Save a few orange slices to squeeze the juice over the meat as you eat it. Wonderful!"