Curried Pineapple Turkey Salad
“With its sweet and savory taste, this is one of my favorite healthy recipes,” writes Teri Lindquist of Gurnee, Illinois. “I always serve it with date-nut bread on the side.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, celery, raisins and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, curry, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into turkey mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto lettuce-lined plates; top with grapes and almonds.