Curried Peanut Chicken Recipe
"This is a nice change from traditional grilled items," says Jennifer Myers. The Havertown, Pennsylvania reader sprinkles coconut and currants over a tasty combination of chicken and peppers.
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, peanut butter and curry powder. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill chicken and peppers, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and peppers are tender.
- 3. Warm the reserved marinade. Cut chicken and peppers into 1/2-in. strips; sprinkle with coconut and currants. Serve with rice and reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 424 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Curried Peanut Chicken
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2012
"My family loves this recipe. I make it often!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC