"This is a nice change from traditional grilled items," says Jennifer Myers. The Havertown, Pennsylvania reader sprinkles coconut and currants over a tasty combination of chicken and peppers.
Recommended: 25 Favorite Thai Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut in half
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, peanut butter and curry powder. Pour a third of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken and peppers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear and peppers are tender. Warm the reserved marinade. Cut chicken and peppers into 1/2-in. strips; sprinkle with coconut and currants. Serve with rice and reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Peanut Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p10
Reviews forCurried Peanut Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2012
"My family loves this recipe. I make it often!"