Curried Pea Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water, bouillon, garlic, curry powder, salt, pepper and mint to a boil. Stir in peas and celery. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peas and celery are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place pea mixture and milk in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Stir in lemon juice. Garnish with fresh mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 366 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Curried Pea Soup
"I rated this soup before it had the stars so I will do it again. I am sorry if my remarks show up 2 times but I want to share them with you. This is my favorite pea soup now. I will be making it again. I did not have all the ingredents so I had to make some changes and did not use the milk, cream, nor mint. I used dried split peas instead of frozen peas. I just cooked them longer until there were soft. I love the curry! Just a very pleasing taste. I hope you enjoy also."