- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, bouillon, garlic, curry powder, salt, pepper and mint to a boil. Stir in peas and celery. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peas and celery are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place pea mixture and milk in a blender; cover and process until blended. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Stir in lemon juice. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.