Curried Olive Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/4 cup egg salad. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita pockets: 398 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 329mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Curried Olive Egg Salad
"I have to have green olives and curry in my egg salad and found this recipe that has both. It has just the right proportions of everything. I threw everything in my food processor and pulsed till everything was mixed. It is so good. A definite keeper! BTW--I did everything as recipe directed except I didn't put it in pitas....put in croissants."