- 4 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forCurried Lentil Soup
"This is good but I did up the spices. I used just over 2 tablespoons of curry powder (started with 2 and bumped it up a bit half way through). threw in an extra bay leaf, added an extra 2 cloves of garlic, and added probably close to 2 tablespoons of salt (hard to tell since I adjusted to taste toward the end.) I also added a second celery rib. We loved it. I'd definitely make again with these modifications."
"I made this but with alot of changes( adding more spices) otherwise it would have been very bland. I sent it to my daughter, and later asked her how she liked it, since they love curry. She said I was hoping you wouldn't ask, it was so bland, we had to keep adding more and more spices, it is not a keeper."
"I doubled the recipe, I had no potatoes but I subtituted a bunch of organic Kale. This was a great nutritious soup that my family loved. I am serving what is left over rice later in the week. Very ecominomical for a large family likfe ours. Very good flavor!"