Curried Leek Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, carrots, celery, bouillon, curry powder and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place 1 cup soup in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add milk; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2015
Delicious! One of my family's favorites! I also add a little more curry for more kick, and sometimes I blend all of the soup instead of just one cup.
Oct 14, 2014
Fabulous soup. I thought it didn't have enough curry so I added more after I guzzles down the first bowl. Wonderful soup!