Curried Leek Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, carrots, celery, bouillon, curry powder and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Place 1 cup soup in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add milk; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 9, 2015
Delicious! One of my family's favorites! I also add a little more curry for more kick, and sometimes I blend all of the soup instead of just one cup.
Oct 14, 2014
Fabulous soup. I thought it didn't have enough curry so I added more after I guzzles down the first bowl. Wonderful soup!