- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender. Add the broth, water, carrots, celery, bouillon, curry powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly. Place 1 cup soup in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Leek Soup
"Delicious! One of my family's favorites! I also add a little more curry for more kick, and sometimes I blend all of the soup instead of just one cup."