Curried Ham and Fruit Salad
This good-for-you salad is a quick and convenient way to use up leftover ham. Plus, Ive found that it's perfect to serve as a special salad at luncheons.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small cantaloupe or honeydew melon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine ham, apples and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk and curry powder; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve over melon wedges; sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 181 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Curried Ham and Fruit Salad in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.