This good-for-you salad is a quick and convenient way to use up leftover ham. Plus, Ive found that it's perfect to serve as a special salad at luncheons.
Recommended: What to Eat When It's Too Hot to Cook
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small cantaloupe or honeydew melon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine ham, apples and celery. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk and curry powder; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve over melon wedges; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Ham and Fruit Salad in Country Pork 1996, p12