Curried Halibut Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle fillets with salt; coat with curry. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown fillets in 1 tablespoon oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, lime zest and ginger. Bring to a boil. Return fillets to the pan; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tomato mixture; sprinkle with coconut and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 270 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 19, 2011
This was super easy and super delicious...I am not a big tomato fan but the flavors that the sauce made were so good I was dipping my fork in the bits & pieces that were left and eating them tomatos and all! I think this would be good with any fish since Halibut is a bit pricey!
Apr 18, 2011
My DH is not a big fan of fish, but he liked this recipe. Will definitely make again. I didn't have halibut, so I used haddock instead. Turned out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.