Curried Halibut Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle fillets with salt; coat with curry. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown fillets in 1 tablespoon oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, lime zest and ginger. Bring to a boil. Return fillets to the pan; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tomato mixture; sprinkle with coconut and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 270 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 19, 2011
This was super easy and super delicious...I am not a big tomato fan but the flavors that the sauce made were so good I was dipping my fork in the bits & pieces that were left and eating them tomatos and all! I think this would be good with any fish since Halibut is a bit pricey!
Apr 18, 2011
My DH is not a big fan of fish, but he liked this recipe. Will definitely make again. I didn't have halibut, so I used haddock instead. Turned out great.