Curried Egg Lettuce Cups
Guests will love the combination of crisp, cold lettuce leaves and flavorful egg salad. Peanuts add a crunchy texture to the dish that makes it even more fun to eat. —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts, divided
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the eggs, pepper and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in 3 tablespoons peanuts. Place a rounded 1/3 cupful on each lettuce leaf. Top with chutney; sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Egg, Curry & Mango Chutney Lettuce Cups in Country Woman April/May 2010