Curried Cream Corn
I love to find creative ways to serve vegetables to my husband and daughters. Curry gives a different twist to this side dish that has become my family's favorite treatment for corn. —Kelly Malloy, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and corn is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 224 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Curried Cream Corn in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.