I serve this both as a side dish and a meatless entree. Either way, people love the combination of ingredients. —Diane Werner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, cook the broccoli, carrots and water on high for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the couscous and onions.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over couscous mixture and stir gently to coat. Stir in cashews and garbanzo beans. Gently fold in feta if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 247 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Curried Couscous in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.