I serve this both as a side dish and a meatless entree. Either way, people love the combination of ingredients. —Diane Werner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, cook the broccoli, carrots and water on high for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the couscous and onions.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over couscous mixture and stir gently to coat. Stir in cashews and garbanzo beans. Gently fold in feta if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 247 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Curried Couscous in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook