From Heriot Bay, British Columbia, Lynn Gamache shares this delightful chilled salad. "It's great for picnics," she notes. "It can be prepared a day early and goes well with most main dishes. Add cooked shrimp or cheese cubes for a simple one-dish meal."
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, peas, cucumber, carrot, bacon, onions and parsley. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Couscous Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p41
Reviews forCurried Couscous Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2008
"This really is a great side dish. It's become a favorite of mine, and my friends that shared it with me."