If goat cheese is not to your liking, try queso fresco or any other crumbly cheese such as feta. Parmesan is also good, and even though it won't spread well, you can sprinkle the mixture on. - Laura Fall-Sutton of North Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: 75 Delicious Ways to Eat Corn on (and off) the Cob
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a large kettle; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spread over warm corn. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Corn on the Cob in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p39