Curried Coconut Chicken for Two
Looking for a new way to fix chicken breasts? This five-ingredient recipe is a nice change of pace. It's sweet, savory and a little exotic. Serve it over rice or couscous. —Becky Walch, Manteca, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut and curry powder. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with preserves.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup preserves: 563 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Coconut Curry Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.