Curried Chicken Recipe
In Hamilton, Ontario, Karen McLaughlin seasons tender chicken and apples with curry powder and a dash of cinnamon. "My husband and I enjoy this dish frequently because it's great-tasting and quick to prepare," she explains.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken until juices run clear; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook the apples, onion and garlic in water until tender. Return chicken to the pan; sprinkle with curry powder and cinnamon. Heat through. Combine the flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 414 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Chicken
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC