- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine the broth, butter, onion, curry, garlic, ginger and reserved juice; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Add raisins. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peaches and heat through. Serve with chicken. Garnish with coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Chicken with Peaches
"So I am making this recipe for the first time today and was hoping for some inspiration for a good side to go with it."
"Delicious!! I put it in the oven instead of the crockpot at 350 for about 90 minutes. It came out great. Next time I will add one more Tlbs of cornstarch as I thought the sauce could be thicker. Family loved it. I plan to make it again."
"i loved it. two of my favorite foods chicken and peaches!"
"This was a very tasty recipe!"
"so this is a very good starter recipe if you're new to Indian-like cooking :) being half East Indian, i know better, so i ONLY use FRESH ginger, lots and lots of garlic, REAL Indian curry (NOT McCormick!) and use MANGO in place of the peaches :) sometimes i still use the peaches, but i ALWAYS add some fresh mango slices to it about an hour before we eat. Also, use golden raisins for a more authentic flavor :) Trust me! This is sooo good if you do it right. But even if you just follow this recipe, it's still very yummy... just suited for tastes this side of the ocean :P Oh, and if you DO use Indian curry, be wary, it's powerful and if you're not used to it, your insides may be mad at you..."
"Very bland and curry/peach combo was odd."
"Curried chicken with peaches is so good, my family makes it whenever we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and one my youngest son makes any time he can, as he's an awesome cook and very good at making these recipes."