Curried Chicken with Asparagus Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and pepper; set aside. Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with half of the soup mixture.
- 2. In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Place chicken over soup mixture. Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 426 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Curried Chicken with Asparagus
"Great recipe, easy and delicious."
"I made this for my asparagus loving husband. It is now lovingly referred to as "crack-chicken" in our home. I was totally skeptical because of the mayo, but it is fantastic! I sometimes double the sauce so I get some too! Lol :-)"
"Great recipe. The whole family loved it. Made exactly as listed."
"This is great! I make it in a 13x9 pan with 2lbs of chicken breasts and steamed fresh asparagus."