- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and pepper; set aside.
- Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with half of the soup mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Place chicken over soup mixture. Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken with Asparagus
"Great recipe, easy and delicious."
"I made this for my asparagus loving husband. It is now lovingly referred to as "crack-chicken" in our home. I was totally skeptical because of the mayo, but it is fantastic! I sometimes double the sauce so I get some too! Lol :-)"
"Great recipe. The whole family loved it. Made exactly as listed."
"This is great! I make it in a 13x9 pan with 2lbs of chicken breasts and steamed fresh asparagus."