Curried Chicken Salad
I sometimes serve this salad on a big lettuce leaf with breadsticks and fresh melon wedges. But it's also delicious in a pita pocket lined with lettuce.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, juice drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Blend all dressing ingredients and toss with chicken mixture. Chill several hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Country Extra July 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.