Curried Chicken Salad for Two
"Curry and mustard complement the sweet fruit and crunchy nuts in this guilt-free salad. I like on a bed of greens or whole wheat toast, or scooped up with apple slices. Instead of chicken breast, try store-bought rotisserie chicken." —Joanna Perdomo, Miami, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the yogurt, preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 332 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.