"I love preparing this crisp salad for lunch meetings!" Combining crunchy fruit, slivered almonds and chicken, this salad will get rave reviews. Judy Ross, Freeport, Illinois
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fennel seed, curry, honey and cinnamon; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad Cups in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Salad Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review