Curried Chicken Rice Salad
Since I usually make and serve this salad while my teacher friends and I are on summer break, I always associate this recipe with relaxed good times! It's best to make ahead so that the flavors can mingle. —Pamela Hesselbart, Sylvania, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) toasted almond rice pilaf
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice pilaf according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, cranberries, raisins and rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, sour cream, lemon juice and curry powder; stir in apples. Add to rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce; garnish with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 506 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Rice Salad in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.