Curried Chicken Pita Pockets Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless green grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 20 pita pocket halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in chicken, grapes and celery; refrigerate. Just before serving, add almonds. Stuff about 1/4 cup into each pita half. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Pita Pockets
"I have served these to rave reviews! (I have been making them for some time. The copy I have is from the yearbook I think. 1 serving is 2 halves--I usually serve 1 half pita pocket with 1/2 cup chicken mixture as 1 serving. One of my favorite recipes. (I use Miracle Whip Light because I don't care for mayo.)"