Curried Chicken Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts, chicken, grapes and celery. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss well to coat. Chill 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 515 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Fruit Salad
"So delicious and so different! We served it to 70 and people came back for seconds and thirds!"
"Very refreshing I used half mayo and half yogurt for the dressing. It was a big hit with the ladies"