Curried Chicken Fruit Salad
This is a favorite at ladies' luncheons. Even people who think they don't like curry rave about this dish! I got the recipe from a friend and love to make it.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts, chicken, grapes and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss well to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 515 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Fruit Salad in Country Extra May 1992
Jul 25, 2017
So delicious and so different! We served it to 70 and people came back for seconds and thirds!
Jul 11, 2012
Very refreshing I used half mayo and half yogurt for the dressing. It was a big hit with the ladies