Curried Chicken Cheese Log
Curry and cooked chicken team up to make this unique cheese log. The curry is mild so even people who don't care for it, still enjoy this spread.—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Ritz crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chicken, celery, parsley, steak sauce and curry powder. Shape into a 9-in. log. Roll in almonds. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Logs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011