- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely minced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients. Beat until smooth. Stir in chicken, onion and celery. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm (can refrigerate up to 2 days). Yield: about 5 dozen appetizers.
Reviews forCurried Chicken Balls Appetizer
"This is absolutely delicious. Can also be used on a croissant for a wonderful lunch along with a spinach salad."
"Very tasty and different appetizer. Well, I thought it was different, but as it turned out someone else also brought a curried chicken type of appetizer to the party! I suppose curry dishes are becoming more popular. Anyway, these were widely enjoyed. I had some left over, and my family enjoyed eating them over the next couple days--quite a treat!"