Curry sauce makes this version of chicken and rice stand out from all the others. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing this impressive dish.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 10 ounces fresh pearl onions, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- CURRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine broth, curry powder, paprika and seasoning mix from the rice. Top with rice, mushrooms, onions and green pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 425° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, ricotta cheese, chutney, flour and curry powder. Process until smooth; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Increase oven temperature to 475°. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken and Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p85
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curried Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review