Curried Chicken and Rice Tartlets
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 in.)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, chicken, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, green onion and seasonings.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo; spritz with spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut into 12 squares. Repeat three times, making 48 squares.
- Stack two squares of layered phyllo in each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, rotating squares so corners do not overlap. Spoon 1 tablespoon rice mixture into each cup. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Garnish with chives if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 35 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 11, 2012
This was good, but it tasted like ramen noodles.
Oct 20, 2011
I needed something quick and easy one night so I decided try this recipe out. Instead of using the spices in the recipe, I added garlic, oregano, basil & thyme. My children love them, so does the rest of my family! My 5 year old daughter has been requesting these since I made them, she can't get enough of these!