Southern-style cheesy grits meet curry and loads of vegetables to make a satisfying casserole that blankets the house with an inviting aroma. —Lori Shamszadeh, Fairhope, Alabama
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- Bring water, 1 cup broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir a small amount of grits into eggs. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and butter; stir until melted.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and remaining broth in a large bowl. Add vegetable blend, chicken and potatoes; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with grits; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken and Grits Casserole in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p21
Reviews forCurried Chicken and Grits Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2017
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2015
"This may be a silly question,, but i am Canadian, and we dont have Grits, let alone quick grits.. please tell me what they are... I really want to try this !"