Curried Chicken and Avocado Salad Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 8 slices reduced-calorie wheat bread
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder and salt until well blended. Add chicken, avocado, cranberries and cilantro; toss gently to mix.
- Divide chicken salad evenly among 4 bread slices. Top each with lettuce leaves and remaining slices of bread.
Jun 16, 2014
I love this chicken salad! It's a nice change from the common chicken salad recipes I've found. The flavors of avocado, curry, and cilantro go well together. The dried cranberries add a nice hint of sweetness. I highly recommend this recipe. We can eat this year round and it's great because it's quick and easy to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.