Curried Celery and Apples Recipe
This recipe is a delicious accompaniment for pork. The curry powder adds a delightful zip.—Lois Miller, Bradenton, Florida
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 178 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Curried Celery and Apples
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC