Curried Celery and Apples
This recipe is a delicious accompaniment for pork. The curry powder adds a delightful zip.—Lois Miller, Bradenton, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Curried Celery and Apples in Taste of Home October/November 1999
Apr 12, 2014
This recipe is wonderful! It's so easy to prepare and tastes so good! I served the celery with chicken instead of pork and my husband and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again!