Curried Carrots with Crunchy Peanut Topping
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced 1/4-in. thick
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes. Add onions; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until carrots are tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain vegetables; return to pan.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. or 8-in. square baking dish. Combine crushed crackers and peanuts; sprinkle over carrots. Drizzle melted butter over top. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 438 calories, 35g fat (8g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2017
I made this recipe on 10/10/17. I'd used just enough water to cover carrots to cook them and simmered the onions/carrots, for at least 20 minutes, covered, until carrots were tender. Everything else was prepared as recipe stated. I used the 2 Tbsp. amount of curry powder.