Nothing says fall like a rich, butternut squash soup recipe. This one is so good, you'll be eating it all year-round. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: Winter Squash Recipes for Your Slow-Cooker
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot curry powder (to taste)
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Turkey Sausage Patties, thawed and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or oil until shimmering. Add onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add butternut squash and broth and bring to just a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Working in 2 batches, transfer soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Add turkey sausage; return soup to medium heat until warmed through. Stir in cream and season to taste. Yield: 6 servings
Originally published as Curried Butternut Squash Soup in Jones Sausage 2016