Curried Brown Rice Salad
Whenever she needs a potluck salad, Carol Dodds turns to this tried-and-true favorite. "It's among my most requested recipes—everyone raves about it," she writes from Aurora, Ontario. "Folks love the crunch from the chopped apple and toasted almonds. And I love that I can cook the rice ahead...then it's just a few simple steps to complete it later."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, apple, raisins, onion and almonds. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over rice mixture and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.